Gluten Free Yeast Free Pizza Crust
The thickness of the crust is key here to achieving a crust that is crispy rather than "bready". Spread as thinly and evenly as possible in the middle, while leaving it thicker around the edges to form a crust.
- 1 1/8 c (135g) gluten free flour blend
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t dried oregano
- 1/2 t dried basil
- 1/4 t fine sea salt
- 1/4 t crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 c sparkling water
- 1 T olive oil + 1 T for brushing over crust before baking
- 1/2 T maple syrup or honey
- Preheat oven 425 degrees.
- Line 12" pizza pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flours, baking powder, dry spices, and salt. Add sparkling water, olive oil, maple syrup or honey, and garlic. Stir just until combined.
- Pour batter into center of pan. Using offset spatula or spoon, smooth out to edges of pan leaving it thicker around the outside to create a crust.
- Spoon remaining oil over crust, and spread to coat evenly.
- Bake for approximately 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Add desired toppings and return to oven for approximately 10-15 minutes.
Recipe by Intuitive Table at https://intuitivetable.com/gluten-free-yeast-free-pizza-crust/